Drop Down

Monday, September 19, 2016

The Best of Islamorada (The Florida Keys) - Where to stay and play


When I start dreaming about another trip to the Florida Keys, I’m not thinking about laying on a beach in Key West or snorkeling in Key Largo….. I’m thinking about Islamorada! I love everything about the place! It’s right in the middle of everything. It has pretty beaches, great snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, and good places to eat without all of the crowds.   It is located about half way between Key West and Key Largo, which makes it perfect for a day trip in either direction.




My favorite places to stay are the Pines and Palms and the Chesapeake Beach Resort.




This one and the previous two photos are at the Chesapeake Beach Resort.




This guy here is the biggest that I've ever seen!


Pines and Palms Resort



Pines and Palms Resort



Pines and Palms Resort



My favorite places to eat are the Island Grill and the Islamorada Fish Company.
Great entertainment at both!



Anne’s beach is my favorite beach. Located at  Mile Marker 73, Overseas Highway.




Besides being beautiful, I love the fact that you can walk a long ways out into the water with it only getting waist deep.



And of course a visit to the Keys would not be complete without a visit to the famous Robbie’s to feed the tarpon.



or visit with the pelicans



It is also a great place to charter a fishing trip or snorkeling adventure.


Happy Travels! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment