Drop Down

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Experience the Caribbean island of Curacao


Carnival Cruise

Port: Curacao 



The most popular thing to do at this port is to walk into the nearby downtown area of Willemstad.



The Queen Emma Bridge  pontoon bridge connects the Punda and Otrobanda quarters of the capital city, Willemstad.



I always love looking through the street vendor booths for items unique to the area.



I purchased a painting  of the downtown area of Curacao. The artist was friendly and posed proudly with her work.



The floating market was stocked with amazing looking fresh fruit! I would love to have something like this at home!



A beautiful stroll through the color buildings.



The clothing was very unique in some of the stores.



Most of the stores carry a variety of items. You might find clothing, wrapping paper, home decor, and food all in one store.



I have to say that I was impressed with the McDonald's. It was very modern and clean. It was one of the few places that we found with free WiFi.



The local police are friendly and on constant patrol.



A view from the ship.



Overall, I just really was not impressed with the downtown area. It was interesting to see, but I wish we had have taken an excursion to see some of the beaches or other areas. Maybe one day I will get back there and see the rest of the island.


Happy Travels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment